积分

老牌枪友

积分

三枪客

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2013-10-2 07:15 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 md2009 于 2013-10-2 08:16 编辑

As a federal employee, I am still working, although not 100% sure whether I will get the paycheck on time. The GOP wants to use this opportunity to de-fund Obamacare. Will they achieve it? I doubt it. I think their intention is to bring more of Americans' attention to this issue. For this, I think they will do it. The Dem controls the white house and the senate. They want to fund the Obamacare, and to increase/eliminate debt ceiling, and to put the critizism on the GOP. They will hell not bargain on Obamacare, his signature legislature, which the president thinks will put him among the list ofAmerican's greatest Presidents. History will make the judgement. I think the two parties will settle something on the debt ceiling and re-open the government.
Do I mind the government shutdown? No, I do not. Really, it is not a shutdown, it is a slimdown. Most of the fovernment are still running. The people did not panick, the stock market did not crush yesterday as they predicted. Maybe we need this, just to let some people know that we can NOT spend money like there is no tomorrow for ever. It took Bush 8 years to increase the national debt from 4 trillion to 8 trillion. It took Obama 4 years to bring it from 8 to 16 trillion. During Obama's presidency, the fed government expanded considerably, as well as the medcaid and food stamp programs. Of course the Obamacare.

评分

参与人数 1子弹 +40 贡献 +40 收起 理由
Qingshi + 40 + 40 赞思考!

查看全部评分

主题

帖子

1万

积分

老牌枪友

积分

三枪客

沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2013-10-2 08:39 | 只看该作者
As for the obamacare, it was forced down the troat of american people when the dem controlled white house and both houses. Obama claimed it would expand the coverage from 85% to almost 100% while reducing the cost by 500 billion in 10 years. How? He said the reform would generate enough money to cover itself by forcing the youndg uninsured population (those who are unemployed, who choose not to work, and who work with minimum wages like in Walmart and McDonald) to buy health insurance (or forcing the employer to provide insurance to them) to cover the the health care of the older/sicker uninsured population. This later group of people are going to be the big burden of the health care system. many of them have multiple chronic illness, resulting from lack of medical attention and bad choice of life styles-you know what I mean. Even all the young guys sign up, it will not be enough to cover the expenses. Or will they sign up? Since the pass of the obamacare, thousands of companies have been granted exemption from this law, including Walmart and McDonald. Still do not want to sign up? the fed will provide 80% subsidy of your cost! Where does this money come from? The dem does not even care to think about it. At the same time, many many people's work hour get cut so that their employers, many of them small businesses, do not have to provide their heath insurance.  
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

1万

积分

老牌枪友

积分

三枪客

板凳
 楼主| 发表于 2013-10-2 08:44 | 只看该作者
And for many of the insured people, the insurance premiun goes up. Obama initially said the reform would not affect them at all. Is this true?
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

老牌枪友

积分
地板
发表于 2013-10-2 10:39 | 只看该作者
I think you already have the answer to your question.  It affects everybody, in a bad way, for majority of us. My premium increased over 20%, yet benefit/coverage declined. And I have less choices now.
If it is the law, then there should not be any exemption - this is not a just law as there are privileged classes not subject to it.   
Those who plan not sign up will receive penalty in their tax return - of course through the 1RS - that's how it was passed the supreme court: as a form of taxation.  
If the Gov truly shuts down, then why do we need to pay the tax? The POTUS and his gang is playing a political game at our expense.
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

4万

积分

元老枪友

要努力的做到严肃认真的嬉皮笑脸。

积分

开坛元勋NRA终身会员携枪执照

5#
发表于 2013-10-2 12:58 来自手机 | 只看该作者
Reappeal the stupid obamacare!
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

2万

积分

元老枪友

积分

NRA终身会员

6#
发表于 2013-10-2 13:23 | 只看该作者
+1.....
雷公   
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

2万

积分

元老枪友

积分

认证教员三枪客NRA终身会员开坛元勋

7#
发表于 2013-10-2 13:40 | 只看该作者
要是算术作对了什么都好说。

傻子遍街走,不多我一个
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

触屏版|枪友会

GMT-8, 2024-4-27 04:11 , Processed in 0.033335 second(s), 20 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表